Cleveland Family Law Attorneys

What Happens if Two Parties Cannot Agree on Custody?

If the parties cannot agree on custody, the court, unfortunately, will make that decision for them. They will do so with the help of documents such as school reports. They will look at medical records. The court will have appointed what is called a guardian ad litem, an attorney that looks out for the best interests of the children. And that guardian will go to the homes of the parties, will go and meet with important people in the child’s life, make a report to the judge or magistrate, will then take that recommendation into consideration, and will make a ruling parties will have to abide by.