Eric R. Laubacher founded this practice in 1999 after earning his Juris Doctorate from the Cleveland Marshall College of Law. Eric is a graduate of the American Bar Association Domestic Relations Litigation Institute, and is routinely appointed by Ohio family law courts to advocate for children during divorce cases through the Guardian ad Litem project. Eric is a past nominee for Guardian ad Litem of the Year.
Eric is a skilled practitioner and focuses his practice around family law matters, including divorce, child custody and visitation, child support, and marital property division. Eric is rated as one of the top family law attorneys in the greater Cleveland area. Through Eric’s high levels of peer recognition and professional achievement, he has been included several times in the yearly list of Ohio Super Lawyers.
Prior to pursuing a career in law, Eric worked in a variety of positions, ranging from recruiting scientists and engineers at the NASA John Glenn Research Center in Cleveland to founding a property appraisal company and working as a Senior Real Estate Appraiser. Eric brings a valuable business background and extensive professional knowledge of real estate valuation to his clients in complex divorce proceedings, in cases of marital property division that include large estates or family owned businesses.
Outside of his professional career, Eric has been a past member of the Board of Directions for the United Cerebral Palsy of Cleveland, and served as the Treasurer and Secretary for the Emerald Developmental Economic Network, Inc., from 1997 through 2008. Eric currently serves on the Board of the Child and Family Advocates of Cuyahoga County. He is engaged in local politics, and enjoys camping, biking and kayaking in his spare time.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Contested Child Custody
- Child Support
- Marital Property Division
- Construction Law
- Medical Malpractice: Cerebral Palsy and Birth Injuries
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, OH
- University of Akron, Akron, OH
- Laubacher & Co.
- Founder / Principal, 1999 – Present
- AccuFast Real Estate Appraisal Services, Inc. (Company remains in operation in Cleveland area)
- Founder / Senior Real Estate Appraiser, Certification from State of Ohio, 1991 – 1995
- NASA -John Glenn Research Center
- Personnel Staffing Specialist – Recruitment of Scientists and Engineers, 1983 – 1990
- United Cerebral Palsy of Cleveland, Board of Directors
- Emerald Developmental Economic Network, Inc. (EDEN) Cleveland, Ohio Board of Trustees; Past Treasurer and Secretary, 1997 – 2008
- Our Lady of the Wayside, Cleveland, Ohio Board of Trustees, 1995 – 1997