Protecting your rights & safeguarding your children’s future
Rachel P. Gerecke
Rachel’s practice is focused on successfully navigating her clients through a wide variety of family law and probate matters, including divorce, dissolution, step-parent adoptions, child custody, spousal support, child support, and probate issues. She excels in finding creative solutions to the complex problems arising in family law matters.
Rachel is a valued member of Laubacher & Company’s litigation team, where her thoroughness and unyielding advocacy are recognized by clients as being significant assets. These same attributes contribute to Rachel’s ability to provide clients with alternatives to litigation, such as dissolution, which may provide a better opportunity for clients to reach an agreement rather than take their case to trial. While possessing a congenial attitude in most situations, she understands there are times in legal matters which call for a more aggressive or confrontational approach. Rachel discerns when to be tough and when to be kind, and is effective at both. No matter what the process, Rachel believes that the means to achieving consistently meaningful results are preparation, adaptiveness, and keeping an open mind.
Rachel graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2013. She is a Cleveland native who received her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Baldwin-Wallace College (Baldwin Wallace University), where she also received a double-minor in Psychology and Spanish.
During her time outside the office, Rachel enjoys baking, gardening, and crafting. She and her husband reside on the west side and share a love of animals, enjoying the company and affection of their five cats: Starla, Lamia, Kali, Blaze, and Archer.
- Updating and revising Baldwin’s Ohio Practice: Sowald Morganstern Domestic Relations Law, 4th, Vol. 2, Chapter 25: Pleadings and Practice;
- Successfully litigating complex step-parent adoption cases on behalf of her clients, allowing for a minor child to be adopted by their step-parent, her client, in said cases;
- Successfully negotiating a modification from Shared Parenting to Sole Custody of a minor child on behalf of her client; and,
- Successfully causing for two minor children to be safely reunited with their Father after being wrongfully removed from a different state and brought to Ohio.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- State of Ohio, November 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Laubacher & Co., Rocky River, OH
Principal, 2015 – present
- Personal Injury Law Firm, Cleveland, OH
- Professor James G. Wilson, Cleveland, OH
- Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, Cleveland, OH
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, OH
Juris Doctor, 2013
- Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, OH
Political Science (Minors in Psychology & Spanish)
Memberships and Community Involvment
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (Women in Law Section Member & Young Lawyers Section Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Women in tThe Profession Section Member & Young Lawyers Section Member)
- Ohio Association for Justice
Rachel P. Gerecke
Rocky River, Ohio