Protecting your rights & safeguarding your children’s future
Domestic Violence Law Firm Scholarship -
***Please note: This scholarship submission date has passed. Please check back for more information on any future scholarships.***
**Thank you for all the Scholarship applications we received. We did award this scholarship to a law student. Go here to read about this scholarship award recipient on the press release about the Domestic Violence Law Firm Scholarship **
Resources For Media Professionals:
Domestic Violence Fact Sheet: http://www.ncadv.org/resources/FactSheets.php
Safe Horizon – Get Help: http://www.safehorizon.org/page/domestic-violence-statistics–facts-52.html
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800621-HOPE (4673)
More Domestic Violence information: http://www.laubacherlaw.com/practice-areas/domestic-violence/
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is currently attending an accredited university, or entering college in the fall of 2014. Graduate and law school students are encouraged to apply.
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA in either high school or undergraduate transcripts.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must submit by July 31st, 2014:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One-page typed essay on how domestic violence affected you.
- An official copy of high school and / or undergrad college transcripts for all schools attended.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- The Domestic Violence Scholarship for is to be used exclusively higher education tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s education institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Domestic Violence Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or around August 10, 2014.