Protecting your rights & safeguarding your children’s future
Domestic Violence Law Firm Scholarship
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is currently attending an accredited university, or entering college in the fall of 2014. Graduate and law school students are encouraged to apply.
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA in either high school or undergraduate transcripts.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must submit by July 31st, 2014:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One-page typed essay on how domestic violence affected you.
- An official copy of high school and / or undergrad college transcripts for all schools attended.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- The Domestic Violence Scholarship for is to be used exclusively higher education tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s education institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Domestic Violence Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or around August 10, 2014.